Total Pageviews

Tuesday 17 August 2010



Leaving the Catheral behind, we went off in search of prawns from the fishing co-op but being Monday the co-op was closed. However, a perfect restaurant on the waterfront was found, a large bucket of prawns ordered and a delicious lunch had. I have always liked travelling alone but it was nice to have someone to chat too and my companion was interesting. Next stop was the castle where we joined a walking tour. The fluency of the young guide was amazing (don't know what we do wrong in Turkey but all the young Norwegians speak great English with barely an accent)and when I commented on her excellent English, she told me her father was Australian! The view from the castle seawards was rather marred by an enormous cruise ship. Heaven forbid that I ever have to resort to that type of holiday.

A visit to the Resistance Museum, a guided walk around Oslo and a superb meal at a Vietnamese Restaurant and I was ready for bed. Fortunately there was no-one in my dorm. so I could have a long hot leisurely shower and although there was a clog dancing party taking place the room above me, I slept like a log and did not wake until my alarm went off. A quick dash to the station and off on the next leg of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment