Total Pageviews

Monday 16 August 2010

Norway Summer 2010


I sat on my Ryan Air flight and read Lonely Planet from cover to cover so felt quite clued up about Norway but nothing could have prepared me for the beautiful scenery and the amazing waterfalls. Or for the cost of things! The backpackers was well organised and I left my bag and prepared to go wandering around Oslo. I was picked up by an elderly American gentleman (I seem to spend my life at the moment with people a lot older than myself which makes a change as I am usually twice the age of my travelling companions!) who asked if he could join me. He was quite amazing actually as he had just flown in from USA but kept up with me all day. Arriving on a Monday is never good as many things were closed but there was still plenty to see and do. Our first stop was the Cathederal which was beautiful. I rather love churches and mosques so always try and visit one wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment